Roles and responsibilities
Since the Company was first established, the Remuneration Committee has pursued a remuneration strategy designed to closely align the executive Directors and Melrose senior management team with the Company’s shareholders.
The Remuneration Committee’s responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining an executive director remuneration policy that is appropriate, consistent and reflective of Melrose’s remuneration philosophy.
- Determining the remuneration packages of the executive Directors.
- Setting and managing remuneration of the executive Directors and the Chairman of the Board in accordance with the Directors’ Remuneration Policy.
- Oversight of remuneration of Melrose senior management and divisional CEOs, to enable the Committee to consider their consistency with the executive Director remuneration packages.
- Operating the Company’s share incentive arrangements.
The Committee’s terms of reference were reviewed by it in light of the recent changes to the UK Code and were subsequently amended and approved by the Board in March 2019. They are available through the link below and from the Company Secretary at Melrose’s registered office.
Remuneration Committee terms of reference (PDF 0.2MB)