Roles and responsibilities
Since the Company was first established, the Remuneration Committee (the “Committee”) has pursued a consistent remuneration strategy that closely aligns the executive directors with the Company’s shareholders, drives the Company’s “Buy, Improve, Sell” model and has been central to its success.
The Board has delegated to the Committee responsibility for overseeing the remuneration of the Chairman of the Board and the executive directors.
The Committee’s responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining an executive director remuneration policy that is appropriate, consistent and reflective of Melrose’s remuneration philosophy.
- Determining the remuneration policy for the executive directors.
- Setting and managing remuneration packages of the executive directors and the Chairman of the Board in accordance with the Directors’ Remuneration Policy.
- Overseeing the remuneration of Melrose senior management and divisional CEOs, to enable the Committee to consider their consistency with the executive Director remuneration packages.
- Operating the Company’s long-term incentive arrangements.
The Committee’s terms of reference, which were last revised in November 2019 in line with best practice, are available through the link below and from the Company Secretary at the Company’s registered office.
Remuneration Committee terms of reference (PDF 0.19 MB)